From southern qld or northern nsw and feel like a weekend hanging in the forest having some activist fun? Who wouldn’t!
Get yourself along to the QEAN camp at Wild Mountains near Rathdowney from May 7-9th. The camp has been organised by the Qld Environmental Activist Network to bring together groups and individuals working for social and environmental sustainability across southern Qld and northern NSW. Two days of workshops are being planned, with the Wild Mountains crew also contributing to the agenda. It’s a great chance to meet and share skills with other activists and organisers from around the region and chill near the Border Range rainforest.
UPDATE – we’ve got some wicked workshops planned – to give you a taster for what’s in store…
Some of the workshops on offer
* Theories of Change – explore how you see change happening and your part in it
* Collaborative Competence – ways to work effectively with groups to achieve shared outcomes
* Facilitation – an interactive workshop about this essential skill for everybody
* Feminism and the Environment – how do they interact, facilitated discussion.
* Food Co-ops at Unis – why should we have them? how do they work?
* Social change films screening
* Crafternoon – get creative with screen printing, make your own badges
* Tree Climbing – learn how to tree climb with a Tassie forest activist