– We discussed the objectives and tactics that arose from the ASEN training camp and the People’s Climate Action Summit in January
– People were most excited to work on the objective to permanently stop or prevent the opening of a piece of coal infrastructure, new or existing, by 2010.
– People wanted to work on climate projects coming out of SEAN to contribute to this objective
– The projects people were most were excited to work on to contribute to this objective were:
1) banks and financial institutions stuff- looking at how banks and financial institutions support polluting projects eg new coal mines, and how to we stop the flow of capital? This was not discussed on the weekend but research is underway, exciting! Contact scarlet- firstname.lastname@example.org 2) Building alliances- with Traditional Owners, workers and community in coal affected communities. To achieve this a listening tour/s were proposed. Contact points for this working group- Clare Silcock email@example.com, Gemma Romuld- firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the heading for the rest of it! Continue reading →